Student Focused...Data Driven
Student Focused...Data Driven






All parents of students enrolled in the Vidalia City School System are invited to review the system's and schools' most recent documents that deal with federal and state requirements.  These documents and their links are listed to the left.  For questions and concerns about their content please contact Ginger B. Morris, Federal Programs Director at 912-537-3089 or gmorris@vidalia-city.k12.ga.us.



Our system receives federal funds for Title 1 programs that are part of the No Child Left Behind Act of 2001.  Throughout the school year, we will continue to provide you with important information about this law and your child's education. You have the right to request information regarding the professional qualifications of your child's classroom teacher(s).  If you request this information, the district or school will provide you with the following as soon as possible.

a.  If the teacher has met state licensing requirements for the grade level and subjects in which the teacher is providing instruction;

b.  If state licensing requirements have been waived for the teacher on a temporary basis;

c.  The type of college degree major of the teacher and the field of discipline for any graduate degree or certificate; and

d.  If your child is receiving Title I services from paraprofessionals and, if so, his/her qualifications.

If you would like to request the information, please contact your child's school.


Nuestra escuela recibe fondos federales para programmas del Titulo I (en ingles, Title I) que forman parte de la ley sobre igualdad de oportunidades educativas del ano 2001 No Child Left Behind.  A lo largo del ano escolar, continuaremos entregandole informacion importante sobre esta ley y la educacion de su hijo/a. Usted tiene derecho a solicitar informacion sobre las calificaciones profesionales de el o los maestros de la sala de clases de su hijo/a.  Si lo solicita, el distrito o la escuela le entregara la siguiente informacion tan pronto como sea possible;

a.  Si el maestro ha cumplido con los requisites de licencia estatales para el grado escolar y las materias que esta ensenando;

b.  Si se han eximido provisoriamente los requisites estatales de licencia del maestro;

c.  El tipo de titulo universitario principal del maestro y la especialidad de cualquier titulo o certificado de postgrado; y

d.  Si su hijo/a recibe servicios del Titulo I de parte de paraprofesionales y, de ser asi, sus calificaciones.

Si desea solicitor esta informacion, por favor comuniquese con la escuela de su hijo/a.